* Grab your current read
* BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS!
(Make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
* Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
James, the scandalously uncivilized Duke of Harland, requires a bride with a spotless reputation for a strictly business arrangement. Lust is prohibited and love is out of the question.
Four ladies. Three days. What could go wrong?
She is not like the others…
Charlene Beckett, the unacknowledged daughter of an earl and a courtesan, has just been offered a life-altering fortune to pose as her half-sister, Lady Dorothea, and win the duke’s proposal. All she must do is:
* Be the perfect English rose [Ha!]
* Breathe, smile, and curtsy in impossibly tight gowns [blast Lady Dorothea’s sylph-like figure]
* Charm and seduce a wild duke [without appearing to try]
* Keep said duke far, far from her heart [no matter how tempting]
When secrets are revealed and passion overwhelms, James must decide if the last lady he should want is really everything he needs. And Charlene must decide if the promise of a new life is worth risking everything . . . including her heart.
He slid his hands down her back until they settled around her bum. With a firm grip, he pulled her against the evidence of his arousal. Hard and insistent. Pushing through the thin cotton of her nightgown.
He tugged at her earlobe with his lips. "Aren't you going to stop me, Lady Dorothea?" He whispered. "I thought you said you could incapacitate me at any moment."
Rattled, she pushed her hand against his chest, setting him at arm's length. "I was going to stop you momentarily." (Page 126)
Seriously enjoying this book! Lots of fun moments and swoons everywhere. LOVE.