Official launch of announcement: Tuesday, March 29th
Submission dates: Monday, April 4th – Friday, April 22nd at 11:59 p.m. EST
Call to action: Do you have a clean, emotionally satisfying contemporary romance that celebrates community, family connections and true love? If so—we would love to see it! We publish romance novels that are 70000 words, but do not have sex scenes. Romantic sparks—yes. Chemistry and attraction—a must. We also ask our authors to deliver engaging plots and subplots, realistic and appealing characters and a deeply moving love story. Heartwarming novels are warm, poignant and rich.
No explicit religious or Christian content. No paranormal genres, please.
Writing tips: Follow the #HWBlitz hashtag on Twitter for exclusive content, helpful hints and more!
What Harlequin Heartwarming need to receive:
- A cover letter that introduces your book and includes any previous publishing credits, writing contest wins, or affiliations.
- A 4 – 6 page synopsis. What happens in your book: tell us the key moments, the crucial twists and turns, and how it ends! Show us what drives your story forward, including the internal and external conflicts your hero and heroine face to get to their happily ever after.
- The first chapter of your manuscript (up to 25 pages).
What you get after submitting:
- A quick response! Skip the slush pile and hear back from Harlequin within 20 business days after the submission period ends.
- Editorial feedback for every Heartwarming appropriate story received.
- The possibility of having your novel published in Harlequin’s Heartwarming romance line.
Where to submit: Visit http://www.
soyouthinkyoucanwrite.com/ 2016/03/announcing-the- harlequin-heartwarming-blitz/
Questions? Take a look at the Harlequin Heartwarming official writing guidelines found here:https://harlequin.submittable.